Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I’ve mostly thought of using this blog for personal expression, to reflect on the world around me.  But today I use it to get word out regarding changes in my life.

On Thursday I met with Bishop Zubik, who appointed me administrator of St. Vincent de Paul Parish, New Castle, and St. Vitus Parish, New Castle, effective Monday, August 1, 2011.  This means that my assignment as pastor of St. Juan Diego Parish, Sharpsburg, will end in two weeks.  I informed the parish council, finance council and parish staff on Friday, and told all parishioners at Masses this weekend. 

This is not easy.  We have done a lot of hard work in Sharpsburg, to merge three parishes into one new parish, to sell unused buildings and to fix up existing buildings, to build community and to start new efforts at evangelization.  And over my four years here I have come to really love the folks who make up our parish.  Leaving this time is hard.

Look for more posts regarding feelings and facts of this change.


No comments:

Post a Comment