Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Doldrums

It's been over a month since I have posted.  I have no explanation for why I haven't "fed my blog."  Christmas vacation was relaxing.  A new year's eve party with friends was fun.  I went to Florida for 6 days with my brother Martin to visit my brothers Fred in Port St. Lucie and Lenny in Brandon.  I got sick for two days.

Yes, it was "the doldrums."  My online dictionary defines this as "depression, gloom, melancholy; a bored state of mind; a state of inactivity."  To pile on, the online thesarsus offers these synonyms:  "black mood, blue funk, ennui, flatness, incuriosity, indifference, lassitude, listlessness, the mopes, stupor, tedium, yawn."

Are you yawning, my loyal and long-suffering readers?!

So, please give me a pass.  January has never been one of my better months (except when the Steelers were winning and headed for the Super Bowl).  Today starts a new month, and a new, renewed commitment to feed my blog regularly.

1 comment: