Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hello Again

To my few but very faithful followers:  You must have wondered, did I fall down a rabbit hole, move to China, lose the ability to write, or ... what?  I haven't posted anything on this blog in almost four months.

To which I can only reply, sorry.  One day moves to two, and three, and so on, and then ... it's been quite a while since I posted.  I am embarrassed by my inaction.

But several of you have pestered me to begin again.  My imagination has not shut down.  I have regularly made lists of topics I wanted to blog about, but just didn't take "the next step" and write them up.  The Holy Spirit even nudged me.  A week ago I was writing up a request to name one of our church halls after Msgr. Jules Roos, a Pittsburgh priest who served as a missionary in Chimbote, Peru, for 48 years.  I googled his name, to get the basics of his life history from obituaries.  On page 2 of the search, there was a post I did about Jules on the blog, from two years ago, when he died.

Then I knew even God was telling me what to do.  Blog.

So, I'm back, at least for a day.  I'll post a couple of things tonight.  Then tomorrow eight friends and I leave on a vacation in Europe.  We are taking a  Viking river cruise on the Danube River.  I'll be back home on May 7, with lots to share.  And back on the blogging trail.

Thank you for reading and listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment