Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summertime, and the livin' ain't easy

I know that everyone complains about how the older you are the faster time seems to slide by.  But is anyone complaining how summer as a slower paced season has all but disappeared?  My “dance card” of appointments and meetings has been full throughout June, and July is filling up fast.  August disappears as vacation time for students and teachers alike by the feast of the Assumption on the 15th.  

I can remember a time when summer meant fewer meetings, leisurely time to read, afternoons you could take off to visit the Three Rivers Arts Festival (when I worked downtown) or just play hooky.   Now the only thing about the summer is wistfully asking myself why I’m putting on my suit coat again in the humidity and driving to another meeting, when I wish I could go out and relax in t-shirt, shorts and Crocs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment