Thursday, August 9, 2012

Drone thoughts

The committee which organizes the annual offerings for clergy education of the Diocese of Pittsburgh approached me to offer a class this fall.  I've been blessed to have been asked several times to be a presenter.  Many of our priests and deacons take seriously their professional and ministerial responsibility to continually update themselves, and attend these sessions.  Each year there are a wide range of topic covered, both in the annual fall and spring convocations, and with individual classes.

The topic suggested to me for the fall is to discuss the morality of the use of drones in warfare.  I confess that I've not paid much attention to this subject, as our country is winding down its war presence in Iraq and Afghanistan.  But a series of op-ed pieces, on both sides of the morality issue, have recently been published.  




I am only at the beginning of my research.  If anyone has thoughts about the morality of the use of drones, or just wants to share with me insightful articles, please let me know by the email address:  almadefrankd@gmail.com .  Thank you!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment